Constanter Philanthropy Services (CPS) professionally supports and enables all of the philanthropic organisations founded by the Brenninkmeijer family entrepreneurs to maximise their impact in service of the common good. CPS does this through providing high-quality, fit-for-purpose operational support in the areas of HR, IT, Finance, Risk, Legal, Tax, Insurances, Facilities, Travel, Procurement, Security, Project Management, and Reporting. CPS dedicates most of its work to the support of Porticus and Laudes Foundation.
CPS is a global organisation, built on the premise of strong collaboration and striving for professional excellence together. The work we do makes a real difference, so we dedicate the best of our skills and knowledge to it, striving to make a positive contribution every day.
We foster a culture of trust and engage purposefully and professionally in a spirit of mutual respect. By working together, we believe we can achieve more than we could individually, helping one another to grow and live up to our potential. By joining our team, you will work with and learn from the best in their fields every day, and in turn contribute your knowledge and talents to delivering high-quality solutions to the philanthropies we serve. In doing so, you have the opportunity to impact our philanthropic work globally, supporting us in our mission to be a Force for Good both in what we do and how we do it.
As a senior accountant you are responsible for accounting from A to Z including payments, year-end-closing and reporting. Additionally the Senior Accountant will manage a team of 3 FTE of Accountants. In this position you will report to the Accounting and Treasury Director.
You are a broad finance professional who is responsible for contributing to the bookkeeping, accounts payable, year-end-closing and reporting.
- Regular trial balance and ledger reviews.
- Preparing group accounting reports and reconciliation with sub-systems (payroll, Salesforce).
- Accounts payable administration, cash monitoring, planning and execution of specific payments.
- Periodical declaration of VAT, calculation of tax provision and preparation of tax return for the service and holding companies.
- Preparation of monthly management reporting.
- Year end reporting, including preparation of the statutory financial statements, elaborating and reviewing of notes to the financial statements.
- Preparation of statutory audits.
- Participating in local finance projects, implementing opportunities for process improvement.
- Liaising with external auditors, the tax, treasury and legal teams and other internal departments.
- Managing and coaching the Junior Accountant(s), including a full responsibility for the employee lifecycle. Ensures that the employee/team has sufficient, competent and capable resources to execute current and future objectives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field, or proven ability to work on this level
- At least 3 years’ working experience as a senior accountant in a complex international environment
- Strong background in IFRS and strong knowledge of Dutch/Swiss GAAP, knowledge of UK or German GAAP is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance & Operations is a plus
- Ability to look at business processes with a holistic view from an end-to-end perspective
- Ability to present and explain (financial) information at the appropriate level for the relevant audience; understanding how to communicate the bigger picture
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field
- Positive mindset with a can-do mentality, demonstrating ownership and embracing opportunities for change